freemium means free and premium mixed together to make freemium.
on a smart phone Skype is a good example of a good freemium business model, the program that allows you to video call you friends or family is free but if you want to do more such as call from you computer to a lindline viocemail video call more then one person you have to pay. the app has hundreds of millions of customers but only 10% and paying.
freemium is very successful.
5-10% of the end users eventually buy something. Viewed in a traditional business point of view doest make sense. 100 apples for every 5 pears.
things have changed the internet has help copying and distributing to a lager group at a low or minimal cost.
I am generally suspicious about people who call themselves experts. For this very reason I have refrained from calling myself an expert in something that was named as recently in 2006. However, the fact remains that very few people have more than superficial knowledge of the freemium business model. I am privileged to be one of those that understand Freemium. Based on this fact I have the audacity of calling myself an expert.
You can reach me here:
Peter Froberg
+ 61783391
peter@freemium.org
+ 61783391
peter@freemium.org
No comments:
Post a Comment